Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Giant Lily

Giant Lily, or Victoria Amazonica (after my dear Queen) is a genus of water lilies, in the plant family Nymphaeaceae (how do you pronounce so many vowels together?), with very large leaves that float atop the water's surface. The leaf can go up to 3 meters (9.8 feet) in diameter, on a stalk 7-8 meters (22.9 - 26.3 feet) in length. You could even stand on one of those!























































While talking of lilies, we mustn't forget Claude Monet, and his famous lilies! Even he found something magical about them that he had to make them immortal. I really find something so erotic about lilies, it makes me think of private ponds and harem girls :P .. though Monet's work certainly doesn't project such a perception :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails