Good visuals excite me.
The beauty of nature mesmerizes me.
Memories of Pakistan nostalgia-te me.
Position of women worries me.
Chauvinists exasperate me.
Preachers of false dogmas enrage me.
Terrorism sickens me.
Extremists frustrate me.
Moral policing infuriates me.
The lost community baffles me.
Racism saddens me.
Political bastards need to get a life!

.
.
.
.
.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Pakistan Republic Day

This day is celebrated in commemoration of the Lahore Resolution (Qarardad-e-Pakistan) that was passed in 1940. The event was a 3 day general session that called for greater Muslim autonomy in British India.
This has physically been visualized in the form of Minar-e-Pakistan; a 60 meter tall monument resembling a minaret, built in Iqbal Park, Lahore, where the 1940 session took place.
The same day is also celebrated for Pakistan becoming the world's first Islamic Republic in 1956.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails